Here in Florida its Smokin’ Joe Frazier hot. The heat index is 100◦F, but it feels more like 120◦F.
By early afternoon my energy is rapidly depleting.
The choices for replenishing are: going down for a nap which wastes time unless there is nothing better to do; an afternoon swim that requires a massive slathering of sunscreen, OR a giddy-up and go-go fresh vegetable juice, a filling snack or a hot nutritionally packed drink….
Here are three simple suggestions (I use) for mid-afternoon pick-me-up:
- Lemon (one whole)
- Parsley (half a bunch – I like Italian Parsley the best)
- Celery (four stalks)
- Ginger (half a knuckle- about half your thumb size)
- Spinach (2-3 cups)
- Carrots (2 medium)
Wash and prep the ingredients and run through a juicer.
- Maranatha All Natural Almond Coconut Butter (2 Tablespoons)
- Medium Apple or Small Banana
This combination is fiber filled and delish.
Supplemental Hot Drink for Fatigued Cubicle Dweller
- 8 ounces of organic chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons of Nutritional KAL Yeast Flakes
Heat the broth on medium and stir in the nutritional flakes. The flakes are loaded with B vitamins for an instant pick-me-up.